Terms of Use

Welcome to my space on the Internet.
Please do not use my files for Commerical Use, please do not modify them (includes re-naming) and please do not distribute them through groups, forums and message boards etc.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Monogram Ornaments

I made these glass ornaments (sorry about the photo - a photographer I am not LOL) for my family for Christmas. Each one has their initial on them and 2009 on the back. The inspiration for the glittered glass ornaments came from the Christmas with the Cricut Blog. (The equivalent in Australia for Pledge Future floor polish is Pledge One Go) I then cut the letters with SCAL software using the Black Chancery Font and A4 JAC paper (it has an adhesive sheet sandwiched in between two paper sheets). The paper cut great on the Cricut. Settings I used were Blade Depth: 6, Pressure: High and Speed: Medium. The cut didn't go right through to the bottom but it made the design easier top peel off then it was simple to just stick straight on to the ornament. I had to snip the design in a few places in order for it to hug the surface of the ornament better. I then sprinkled fine glitter over the design and brushed the excess off.


I decided to do some more ornaments to give as a small gift to the staff at work. I used bought ones and decorated them the same way as the glass ornaments. The snowflake design I used is from SVG Cuts "Santa's North Pole Workshop".


4 comments:

mjscrapper21 said...

Sandy,
These are just exquisite. Thank for sharing your ornaments and cards. WoW! You have talent, girl.
mj from Wyoming

Serena said...

OH, they will love them!! I didn't paint any ornaments this year....Christmas snuck up on me before I even realised. lol Lovely work, Sandy!

Serena said...

Just wanted to pop back and say THANKS for the link to the Cricut blog....I only wish I had discovered it sooner but now I'll be all set for next Christmas!

Btw, Sandy, Starsky and Hutch look soooooooooo cute in the pic on your sidebar! Is that them fully grown now? I remember when you just got them as little puppies.

Luv,
Serena

Sandy said...

Hi Serena, Thanks for your comments. Its a great site for inspiration that's for sure. The pic of Starsky & Hutch is from when they were about 8 months old. I will have to update it. They have changed a bit since then.